Monday, July 26, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese

I may or may not have made a supper tonight that consisted of only carbs and gravy, but every so often I can actually make something good. A couple weeks back, I threw a bunch of stuff together and actually came out with something really yummy.

1. Throw a chicken breast in a skillet and let it cook. I cut it into smaller pieces so that it would cook evenly. Let cool, and then shred. I use two forks and just pull the meat apart.

2. Pour a buffalo chicken sauce over your chicken. I used the Budweiser Mild sauce.

3. Boil some water, and cook your pasta in it, I used macaroni noodles. Cook to al dente, drain, the usual.

4. Mix together the buffalo chicken and the noodles. Mix in a good ol dollop of cream cheese. I happened to have whipped cream cheese on hand.

5. Pour into an oven safe dish and then sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top. Put in a 350 oven for about 10 minutes. Maybe? I don't really know, but that seems about right.

6. Take out of the oven and enjoy the cheesy, tangy, deliciousness. And the leftovers are just as good!

That's it- simple, yummy mac and cheese with a twist. I loved it, Mark was even impressed. Definitely a make again.

And because it's been too long, I wanted to share some pictures of my baby!


This is his toy, he is almost obsessive with it.


Me thinks mommy needs to buy a bigger pool.


I think Cody is just slightly spoiled.

This is my life, this is what I get to look at (and laugh at) every night.

No comments: