Friday, August 27, 2010

The Back Doctor

I went to the chiropractor for the first time today. I have had some back/hip pain for the past week or so, but it has definitely been worse the last couple of days. I've kinda been an old lady, unable to fully stand up or then to bend back over. I hobbled around and after being prodded by my husband and co-workers, I went ahead and made the appointment.

But today as time got closer to my appointment, my back got stiffer, and I became more decrepit, I worried too. I worried that I would hurt more after, that she would tell me to never wear heels again, but the thing I was most worried about....that she would say nothing was wrong with me and that I was crazy.

But she didn't. She told me in fact, that it was most definitely time for a little tune up with her and that I was definitely messed up. Like we're talking one leg longer than another kind of messed up. Like she kept saying, "Ya, uh yaaa....wowww" as my back and neck went craaa-AAACKK!

And so now, I'm laying on a bag of frozen peas, looking forward to next week's meeting. Where I will hopefully get equal length legs back....and approval to wear my favorite heels.

No comments: