Monday, February 16, 2009

#17

#17 - When I was in college, I had both a major and a minor. With both degrees, there are certain required classes as well as things called "restricted electives" where you must take 2 or 3 classes out of the 7 or 8 listed. Well, I was trying to find classes that would count as a restricted elective for both my major and my minor. One such class, I walked into, thinking it was an Ethics class. No, actually it was an Ethnics class. Yes, read those two sentences again. As scary as it sounds, it turned out to be one of my favorite classes. Easy, yes, but actually truly interesting. And it didn't require a group project or a SWOT analysis like every Marketing class. What we talked about was learning more about our own personal genealogy and how it related in context to the world events. And ever since that class, I have had a greater appreciation for my family history and how it relates to the world and to me. I hope to overtime make a better recorded history of my family tree and share it with my children. And plus I want to figure out how famous my family is and how I'm related to Leif Ericson, the real discoverer of North America.

No comments: