Friday, February 26, 2010

Die, snow pile, die

Today was just one of those days. It sucked. There's really no need for any more explanation than that. You've all had a day like that, where people just piss you off, you screw everything up, and it's just a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Well that was today. And so I came home, marched into my garage, grabbed the shovel, slammed out the door and headed to face my stand in opponent-the massive mountain of snow that was piled on one side of our cul de sac, where it has sat since the first time they had to clean off our road. I grasped the shovel with both hands and plunged it into the pile.

I just needed to hit something. To attack it. And man it felt good.

My neighbor even came out side and told me, "Just let it melt!" I just waved the shovel and told him, "It feels good!" Awesome, so now not only does my neighbor think I'm not allergic to his cat but that I'm also crazy. Well done Miranda, well done.

But my anger melted before the entire snow pile did. And so there it sits, as a reminder of my pathetic day and my even more pathetic arm strength.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that shoveling snow burns 383 calories per hour. Which is equal to 4.8glasses of wine, 1.45 snickers, or half a Big Mac. Of the three listed I know you would choose the wine. So getting drunk will be counteracted tonight by the angry exercising you did this afternoon. Coming from a deeply disturbed and angry person, next time use the shovel to mortally injure another living thing. It will make you feel even better than excersing and getting drunk. Here is my pathetic attempt at half glass full....Smile, it could be worse. Beav