Wednesday, April 8, 2009

#14

I haven't been doing real well with my 25 things. I always get too distracted halfway through and never finish a post. It takes so long!

But anyways #14 - I am nervous about being able to have a baby. For some reason, I have always had this fear. And before Mark and I even got married, we had discussions about children and my fears. I have always known that I wanted to have children, and that I want to have more than 2. In fact, I have always envisioned myself with about 4 to 5 kids. I grew up in a crazy huge family and love it, even with all the complications and dirty laundry.

And not that Mark and I are trying, but it has always been in the back of my mind. I want to experience pregnancy, but I also believe that adoption is such an awesome way to help others and really make a difference in someone's life. But it is all expensive, whether we're talking adoption, IVF, or any other of those choices. I mean come on! The normal way to get pregnant is definitely cheap and probably the most fun. And I realize that worrying or even just thinking about that which I have no control over, especially right now, is pointless. Someday we may have to face those kind of decisions, or maybe not.

No comments: