Monday, August 17, 2009

That's Amore!

Supper last night was a definite yummy one. One of my most favorite meals to make is little homemade pizzas. Sometimes I will make a big batch of pizza dough, then I just throw it in the freezer and let it thaw when I need it-works pretty dang well actually. But on nights when I'm lazy (like last night) I just use the store bought kind. And it doesn't matter, cause it's pizza and it's yummy.

So my recipe for last night:
Preheat oven to 425.

Mix together about half a hunk of cream cheese with a couple dollops of 'out of the jar' alfredo sauce w/ red peppers (I will never go with the red pepper kind again, not worth it.) Spread that on two pizza crusts for my sauce.

Sprinkle ranch dressing powder mix and paprika on two chicken breasts, along w/ some salt and pepper and cook in skillet, about 3 min. each side. Set to the side.

Slice 1/4 onion and cook in some oil, letting the onion get all soft and yummy. Dump in half a bag of spinach and let wilt down-about 3 min.

Using two forks, shred cooked chicken and sprinkle on top of pizzas w/ sauce. Then sprinkle some shredded mozzarella cheese and finally top with onion and spinach mixture.

Put pizzas on a cookie sheet and place in oven for about 10-12 min. Take out and savor the yumminess that is this.

I'd love for someone to give me their opinion, or their version of their favorite homemade pizzas. Gotta love them pizza pies.

No comments: