Monday, June 8, 2009

How to Annoy Me

I can't stand people who don't know how to make decisions. I think this is a result of my internship while at K-State. I did not start that job as a decision maker, but now I feel like I can make quick judgement decisions, I work best with a plan, and I would much rather have a plan that ends up being changed 20 times than no plan at all-but I typically can roll with anything. Nothing annoys me more than waffling. The other day, I had asked someone if she would rather I stop by her workplace to pick something up or if she would drop it off at my workplace. She responded with, "Well...ummm, I don't know, I guess.... well what would work for you? I mean, I won't be done until later, and then if....oh I don't know. I mean I don't care, what do you think?" And she would have gone stuttering like this if I had let her. Now realistically, I know that what she was doing was trying to be considerate of me, wanting me to actually make the decision so that it was on me and not her. But, it seriously just annoyed the heck out of me. Make a decision and move on.

Same goes for a co-worker of mine. We were trying to set up a promotion of mine and I needed a table and some pretty stuff to go around it. And then, it became this huge ordeal of where to put the table, and do I position this here or there or does that look ok or do we need to add this or ;al ovawinf, blah blah blah. OH my goodness! I just about had to walk away. I gave my opinions (or decisions-depends on how you look at it-I just had to phrase them as opinions) and then had to listen to someone ask the same questions and wander around and not do anything for too long. Again, just make a decision!

Just don't expect me to be a decision maker when it comes to ordering food off of a menu. That's where I run into some problems. Please don't call me a hyprocrite.

No comments: