Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mirandapalooza

Did you know that this is my birthday month? It is important to know this. You see, I have this birthday complex. I don't think I will ever get to a point where I do not want to celebrate my birthday. I think I'll be 49 and still saying "bring it on!" My birthday typically falls right in the middle of harvest, so not only am I a summer baby-which means I never got to celebrate with all of my friends at school-never got to take treats, but I also normally had to spend my birthday out in the field, under a wheat truck or at the elevator. And so, I want my birthday to be a big deal-but I'm also a big nerd so I don't want to make it a big deal. That means it normally falls on others to at least act like they care! I don't need extravagant parties, I just want my friends and family to call and wish me Happy Birthday and to get to spoil myself a little or do something fun, even if it's a week or two late. That's all I ask for!

No comments: