Friday, September 4, 2009

TGIF

Today is a beautiful day because since it's today, that means that Tomorrow is only one day away, and there is nothing better than tomorrow!

Now that doesn't mean all Tomorrows, I mean, by Monday I'll be all pissed off at Tomorrow and I'll want to tell Tomorrow to shove it. But I can't, because Tomorrows are inevitable. But let me tell you about tomorrow, the Tomorrow that I am excited about.

Tomorrow is the first day of the new K-State Football Season. It's frickin' ridiculous! I can't even tell you. It's like I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew- I'm so excited. We get to tailgate, see old friends, welcome Bill Snyder back, and watch college football. I don't know if I've told you, oh friends of mine, that I love me some college football. Especially K-State. The atmosphere, the food!, the cheering, the crying, the hard hits and huge passes, the good guys in purple, the band, seeing old co-workers from my Athletic Dept. days (and knowing that I can wear comfortable jeans, and nothing will go wrong because of me), trying to still get some pull, some sweet swag from my days at the Athletic Dept., those heartstopping moments when I'm so nervous I just about can't watch, my husband and I kissing after each touchdown, the postgame discussions, everything. Oh I can't wait!

But to get things started, I wanted to post my tailgate dip. You see, a couple of the blogs that I read have each focused on dips and recipes and whatnot, and now is the perfect time to share my recipe for the tailgate dip. And yes-this is THE tailgate dip, don't confuse it with anything else.

THE Tailgate Dip
2 boxes cream cheese,
1 can rotel (drained)
1 can Mexicorn (drained)
1 package dry ranch dressing mix

Mix together-The End, Amen.


Now, you can switch it up a bit, add more or less of whatever ingredient you want, but this is the one that works for me and my friends. And I do have to admit, I actually did use the Southwestern Corn one time, instead of the Mexicorn. It has black beans and onions, and it was pretty good too-but I know better than to screw around with this one for tomorrow. The boys are expecting the good stuff, the regular stuff that they're used to.

And you don't mess around with tradition on Game Day.

No comments: