Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Eve

Mark and I opened our presents tonight. He's been asking to open them since last Thursday. Yes, I'm married to a 5 year old. I got a wonderful K-State blanket and a K-State business card holder. I'm excited to take that to work tomorrow. And I think he appreciated his new shirt and tie and a book about a nearby high school football team that had numerous undefeated seasons. Plus he got to open his birthday present early. He knew there was another present for him, and I was excited to give it to him, so I couldn't hold back. That has to be obnoxious for people with birthdays around the holidays. No separation of gift giving, you have to go almost a full year without presents, it'd be a hard life. I always thought I got the raw end of the deal because I had a summer birthday….and no one cares about summer birthdays. You don't get to take treats, no one sends you flowers at school, you don't get to be treated special all day. And with a birthday in the middle of wheat harvest like I have, you're lucky if you get anything more than a cupcake out in the field. I'm sure I've bitched about this before, and I mean really, there are worse things to complain about.

But it's Christmas Eve Eve, and it's been a really slow boring week, and I guess that's all you get here this evening. Boring Christmas present report, and a birthday bitching. Merry Christmas! To you from me.

No comments: