Thursday, October 23, 2008

And from the front row

Yesterday I attended a seminar for my place of employment. Everyone filed in, chatting and grabbing their caffeinated beverage of choice, and trying to get comfortable in their chairs. Of course, there was that one guy who had already taken his front row seat, his pens neatly layed out; he was ready! You know who I am talking about-the first to raise his hand, the one with the all the stories and the questions (which aren't really questions, just a way for him to demonstrate how he already did the right thing and wanted the reassurance of his high intelligence.) He makes a point when no point is needed and truly believes that he and the speaker are friends and cohorts.

What is it with those people? They drive me nuts. I know I have my issues, and I need to work on some things myself-but seriously-I do not understand how those people operate. Do you think they go home and say into the mirror, "Now, would you say that I should brush my teeth this way? Because I already have brushed my teeth, and of course, I do maintain that I have the greatest toothbrush. But suppose that I acquiese the hypothesis of the onomatopoeia blah blah blah."

Did he just say onomatopoeia?

But anyways, I really had sat down with a co-worker of mine, and we had been listening for about 15 minutes to our speaker, when from the front row the guy lifted his hand to ask that question that's not really a question. My co-worker and I didn't even have to say anything. We just looked at each other and instantly had the same thought, "D*****bag." (Of course, due to the fact I have no idea who reads this blog, but I do have a few guesses, I'll just leave it at that.) I truly believe that he thinks we all are bettered by his help. Oh please sir, teach me more with all your educational questions and stories. Thank you for that.

But, I do have to say, it wouldn't really seem like a seminar without him.

No comments: