Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Music Tuesday

Completely random-I mean way random and I don't even know why I thought of this. But I was thinking about the tv show Nashville Star. Now I'm talking about back when it was on USA, not NBC-because you can hardly consider that show Nashville Star, plus I could hardly watch it for the severe dislike I have for John Rich-blech.

But anyways-I was really into Season 5 and I thought I would google a few names and see if anyone from that show had done much of anything. Sadly, it's not really looking like that. But I do still love some of the girls from that show and there's a few random singles out there that I love.

The winner of Season 5 was Angela Hacker. Her most popular song during the competition was "I Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool." She just crooned it and made me close my eyes and sway along and I loved every minute of it. According to her website she's supposed to be coming out with a new CD in early 09-it's obviously late 09. So hopefully it is in the making somewhere, because I really think that she has an individual sound and could take country music back to its roots.

Another favorite of mine was Meg Allison. She wasn't real classic "country" sounding. But I big time love her. I love the twang and the writing and everything about it. She seems to be busy with tour dates, and there's lots of good songs on her myspace page.

No comments: