Thursday, October 22, 2009

What I did on my Sick Days

I'm back to work, I headed back on Wednesday. I went to the doctor on Monday and he told me that I just had a cold and that I was a big ol' wimp. Well maybe not the last part-but that's what I kinda picked up on. No flu, no strep, just a little cold that put me on my back for about 4 1/2 days.

It's been a long time since I have spent that much time in front of daytime TV and it taught me two things. 1) I have rekindled my love for two morning TLC shows A Baby Story and Bringing Home Baby- and I can't decide if they make me want to start a family or never ever ever go through the process of labor and 2) TV Shopping Channels are addicting -sorry family if all you get for Christmas is a Denim and Co. cardigan set or a lifetime supply of really expensive clothes hangers.

And maybe if I'm lucky-when I order I'll get to talk to the people on set and tell them exactly who I'm buying everything for and I can tell them a cute story about my puppy and all the other things I'm gonna buy from their lines and what the weather is like in little ol' Kansas and yes I've heard that Wizard of Oz joke before and ohmygoodness we'll become best friends forever and it will all be so wonderful -AND I can just make the 5 easy payments and it'll all be shipped to my house in time for all the holidays!

My husband is now realizing that I can never be sick again.

1 comment:

morgan said...

I'll take the really expensive hangers : )