Sunday, December 20, 2009

Comedians of Chelsea Lately

Back in November, on the Friday after Thanksgiving, Mark and I and my friend Alicia all loaded up in the truck after work and hit the road on the way to Kansas City. I was so excited because we were on our way to see the Comedians of Chelsea Lately.

Chelsea Lately is a show that I have recorded on my DVR, and Mark and I will both watch it, so it's pretty amazing. I record an amazing amount of TV shows, but many of them Mark will not let me watch if he's home-we've got to watch something we both like. Which actually is only fair, since I throw kind of a fit when he wants to watch the Hunting Channel or the Speed Channel all day Sunday.



Our seats were 3 rows back from the stage, on the left side. Awesome seats, hilarious comedians, raunchy humor, and two of my best friends (well Mark has to be my best friend-legally, I think we signed something-and I work with Alicia, so she knows too many things about me-I have to be nice to her.)



It was right about the picture above that the security guard (you know the 120 lb, zit faced little boy that they hire to throw out the troublemakers) told us we couldn't take pictures. So it wasn't until after the show that we got the camera back out. Chuy was sitting in the lobby taking pictures and signing autographs. The line was approximately 2miles long, so we decided to move on, especially considering we had to go back home that same night. But I did hand my camera over to my husband so he could try and snap a picture of Chuy as we left. You know, he's the tall one in this relationship, so I try to take advantage of that when I can.



Above is the picture that he took. Thank you, honey.



So I ducked under and around a few people and snapped this picture of him. Can you see him? It's kind of like a game of Where's Waldo.



Hopefully my poorly drawn arrow and circle will help you locate Chuy. (I am a computer Goddess, me and Paint go way back, I can draw straight lines, and circles with different colors inside of them like no one's business-just don't ask me to use Photoshop.)

We saw Josh Wolfe, the Sklar Brothers, Whitney Cummings, and Jo Koy. They were all hilarious, and while we had seen pieces of their bits on TV, it's so much better in person, with some new stuff thrown in, your friends and a crowd of thousand others laughing with you and some $7 beer. Joy Koy was my favorite, probably because he was drunker than I was. But they were all really really good.

So all in all, a good time was had by all.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Look there is Chuy! Love it!