Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's that time of year

Shh....don't tell anyone but I have a secret-I love Christmas shopping. I love that feeling, almost like that of going on a treasure hunt-searching through, around, above, or below. But more importantly I love watching my loved ones open their gifts. I hope that they know how much I care for them, and want them to have something they want, not necessarily need. Something fun or unique, something that they wouldn't necessarily buy for themselves-and hopefully something that won't just sit unused, collecting dust.

And this is probably a good thing, considering the number of people (mainly family) that I buy for. I love me a list and without lists I don't think I would get a thing done. Now don't think that just because I like lists that I am an organized person. In fact, it's quite the opposite. I think I would fall apart without lists. I am such a procastinator and so flighty that if I don't put it down in writing I seem to forget or think that it's not that important. And so when it comes to Christmas presents-I begin making lists in October or so.

Of course, I do typically lose my list though, so it's more like 12 or 15 lists that I have-but still, it helps me to focus, and remember how I'm doing on actually completing the list.

This year I feel like I've got a few presents that I am really excited about. Presents that I believe the recipients are going to love! Now of course I can't tell you about them, everything being a secret is another reason why I love Christmas-but I will tell you that I have made many purchases online this year. I'd like to think that it has helped me to not get to rushed or stressed with the amount of purchases I have to make-but I still fret and worry about when they're getting to my house-gotta check what state they're in today-why did I buy from so many different stores-I've gotta make out a whole other list of purchased gifts that are somewhere between the store and myself, so I know what I'm still waiting on.

But with online shopping, I feel like I can shop around more, find the best deals, and make better decisions. I guess I'll just wait and see and let you know the true success of my online endeavors after Christmas.

No comments: