Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pasta alla Miranda

So one night this last week I wanted to make a recipe that I got from Pioneer Woman. As I started cooking though, I realized I was missing a few key ingredients, of which I do typically have somewhere in my pantry-but realized it just a little too late, and I didn't want to make a run to the store. So, instead I made some substitutions up....and, it was awesome. So, here's my recipe for Pasta alla Miranda.

First, I boiled some water and added in some macaroni. I'm cheap, so it was the only kind of pasta I had in the house!

In a big skillet I melted some butter and added half a chopped onion and one minced garlic clove and let that cook for a couple minutes. I then added about half a cup of vodka! and let that cook for 3 min. I then added in a can of cream of mushroom soup. Of course, I also added some yummy cheese-parmesan and a little bit of sharp cheddar.

I let that all simmer for a little bit, added some red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and added some milk. Mark and I only drink skim milk, so I also added some sour cream to help thicken it up a little bit and make it a little silkier and smoother.

I then drained the pasta that was cooked to al dente. Make sure to reserve a cup of the pasta water in case your sauce is a little too thick. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and maybe some of the water. Make sure to taste the sauce along the way, I added a little more salt and pepper as I went, because it did need some more. I then added some chopped parsley and a little more parmesan and oh my goodness! I just about died from all the yumminess. So much tastiness all wrapped up in an oops kind of recipe.

Try this recipe, and try it this week. And do not skip on the vodka ( I mean in the recipe, you at least have to save some to actually go in the recipe.) SO worth the taste. And the alcohol will cook out, you can feed this to your kids without any fear of being turned into social services. It's just deliciousness!

1 comment:

morgan said...

two in one day...can you handle it?! i know i sure almost crapped my pants ; ) maybe i'll go to the bathroom right now just incase..luvs yah